Contact your local government to see if you qualify!
Community Redevelopment Area Incentives
There are two Community Redevelopment areas under the Administrative Authority of the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners. Incentives offered in this area are subject to approval by the CRA board and inclusion in legally approved CRA plans
Economic Development Incentive Grant for CRAs
This program is available to a qualified business within one of the two above approved CRA’s within Manatee County creating jobs at an average wage exceeding 100% of the state average. The job creation must be as a result of expanding an existing CRA business or by creating a new CRA business. The incentive is customized per business based on the number of jobs created and percent above 100% of the state average wage.
CRA Impact Fee Mitigation Services
Financial assistance with the payment and/or refund of Impact Fees, Permit Fees and Development Fees for qualified Businesses located in the 14th Street West or South County CRA. All requests for mitigation are processed through the Economic Development Division serving as the Community Redevelopment Liaison Office and are subject to availability of annual appropriated funds.
Commercial Matching Grants
Provides matching funds up to $10,000 to a business located within one of the two CRA’s when the business spends up to $10,000 of their own funds to improve the exterior of their business. Eligible activities include, but are not limited to, façade improvements, landscaping, painting, signage, and fencing. Go to the Commercial Matching Grant page to learn more.
Transportation Concurrency Exception Area (TCEA)
TCEA was established to promote urban infill and redevelopment where opportunities for expansion or additional of new transportation corridors are limited. TCEAs allow development/redevelopment projects within their boundaries to address their transportation impacts and mitigation through alternative means.
TCEA Mitigating measures include:
- Operational and/or Capital
- Enhancements for MCAT
- Participation in a transit pass program for employees, van pooling and/or ride sharing programs
- Pedestrian Improvements
- Bus Shelter/Transit Stop Improvements
- Bicycle Improvements
- Lighting Improvements
- Connectivity Improvements
- Roadway/Intersection Improvements
- Streetscape Improvements
- Enhancements to the Automated Traffic Management System (ATMS)
- Creating parallel travel ways connecting adjacent development
- Financial contributions to implement actions consistent with this policy
- Any other measures which increase mobility options and inter-modal connections as may be approved by the County